As dawn breaks, the first bird calls awaken you to a new day at Palpatha Eco Safari Lodge. The leaves of the Tamarind tree, rustle softly in the breeze as dew drops glisten on the grass. Nestled in the village of Dunguswewa, fifteen minutes away from the Wilpattu National Park in Sri Lanka and just a few hours’ drive from Colombo and only a hour from Anuradhapura or Kalpitiya, Palpatha is the ideal location for a quiet vacation where you can enjoy quality time with your friends and family.
Special Seasonal Promotion – May to June 2015 !
- 1 night stay – 25% off on room rate per person/booking
- 2 nights stay – 50% off on 2nd night per person/booking
- 3 nights stay – 3rd night Free of Charge per person/booking
- A True Sri Lankan Village and Eco experince
- ..ideal for a couple
- ...great for a small family of three
- ...private, premium family lodging
- for those who want to experience camping in luxury
- a great way to see birds
- around us
- Get on board for an exciting tour of Wilpattu National Park
- A Carborn Neutral and Boideversity Consious Certified Eco Property
- take a short walk to the village potter and give it go!
- Organically grown on Palpatha Property
Palpatha is an Eco Property, which strives to give its guests the true feeling and experience of a typical village life with a few embellishments. A fresh cup of kola kenda(a juice made of fresh green leaves) with a piece of jaggery(palm sugar), helps you start off the day with energy and vigor. All meals comprise authentic Sri Lankan village cooking with fresh produce. You may also try our delicious ‘wew malu’ (tank/river fish) fried or cooked.
It is a beautiful location to appreciate nature with some creature comforts that will make your stay quite pleasant. There is a variety of wild life that can be observed, together with some splendid bird sightings; peace and quiet to meditate; or one can even go fishing on the banks of the Kala Oya or could also go for a river safari where a large number bird species have been recorded.
The Tents and chalets are are based eco concepts and strive to provide the guest with the basic aminities, but accommodating your every need. Whether it is the leopard, bear, birds you seek or dolphins and whales. Wild Life Safari jeeps and guides can be provided for those wild life fanatics.Or, if it’s just some quiet time you are longing for; away from the hustle and bustle of your hectic life, Palpatha is the place for you. The star filled night sky, never fails to relax the soul. It is a perfect locations to take a leisurely walk in the village will take you to a local potter’s home, where you could have a hands on experience in moulding your own clay pot..